Ss. Agnes and Pancras
is a beautiful inner city parish church in the heart of Liverpool. It
is situated on the corner of Ullet Road and Buckingham Avenue, close to
Sefton Park. Consecrated in 1885, it was built at the expense of Mr H.
Douglas Horsfall, who also founded St Chad's Theological college in
Durham. The building was designed by John Loughborough Pearson. The
Parish is affiliated to Forward in Faith, and is under the extended
episcopal care of the Bishop of Beverley, the Right Reverend Glynn Webster. Our Parish Priest is Canon
Christopher Cook SSC, who moved here in 2004. Mass times and
notices can be found here. A virtual church tour is
available online. We have a number of
parish development projects
currently running. News and upcoming events can be found here, and on our Facebook page here.
This Church, dedicated to two
early Roman martyrs,
who died rather than renounce the catholic faith, seeks always to
proclaim that same faith to the people of Toxteth Park, bringing God to
his people and the people to God. As a welcoming and caring community
we seek to provide traditional and beautiful worship in our magnificent
church, in order to give people a sense of the majesty of God and of
the dignity and purpose of all creation.
Walsingham Pilgrimage 2013
Emmaus Christian Basics and Enquirers' Course
Parish Pew sheet