How to find Saint
Agnes and Saint Pancras
Saint Agnes Church can be found on the corner of Ullet Road and
Buckingham Avenue in the L17 district of Liverpool. A map of the
local area can be seen by clicking on the link below. Saint Agnes
is situated just below the circle.
DIRECTIONS. (For a printable version, click here)
From the M62
- At the end of the M62 turn left onto the Ring Road (A5058 – Queen’s Drive)
- At the first roundabout (Childwall Fiveways) continue straight over on Ring Road (NB: 3rd exit)
- At the next roundabout, stay in right hand lane, straight over keeping right, into filter lane signposted City Centre & Toxteth (right turn at the traffic lights)
- Follow this road, Allerton Road, which shortly becomes Smithdown Road
- You will see St Barnabas’ Church on your left by Penny Lane. When you approach Leadbetter & Murphy Funeral Directors by the Railway Bridge, then take care:-
- After railway bridge, proceed through first set of lights (Brookhouse Pub on your right)
- At the Shell Service Station, look for road markings, keep in left hand filter lane, marked Ullet Road, and go straight through lights (DO NOT TURN LEFT ONTO GREENBANK DRIVE)
- On Ullet Road, turn right after the second set of pedestrian lights into Buckingham Avenue (the more observant will by now have noticed the Church on the corner of Buckingham Avenue!!)
Buses from Liverpool Centre
From Great Charlotte Street, which is the other side of the main road in front of the station, Lime Street, down the road to the left of St John's Market (it might be best to ask for directions).
Bus Numbers: 75, 80 & 80A
Alight on Ullet Road opposite St Hilda’s High School. The bus stop is actually by the Ullet Road Unitarian church, which is ca 100 yards further on from St Agnes’s.
View map of L17 3BA on Google